Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Segmented Segmentilia

It seems the transitions cast members of the recent Cycropia performance at the Orton Park Festival are feeling a bit of post-show blues. We have spent so much time together over the past weeks that it feels weird not seeing them several times since the weekend. I have been experiencing phantom 'rehearsal' anxiety. Much like the panic moments I would have in the weeks after I quit carrying a pager ("Oh crap! I forgot the pager...Oh, never mind."), I have had these anxious moments every night this week wondering if I had a rehearsal.

So to myself, the rest of the segments of the caterpillar from Segmentilia, and anyone having a bit of anxiety about moving on, I pass on some words of comfort paraphrased from author Richard Bach:

That which the caterpillar calls the End, we call the Butterfly.

Monarch Time

Bach has one other quote that I think is applicable in this particular case. "Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof." Last week I had seven extra sisters. Why does that need to change?


Join eyeDance! Click HERE to be notified of new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.