Saturday, December 20, 2008

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

Madison got a foot of snow this weekend (about 30 cm). Being a city used to getting snow, it was less of a panic than it would have been in some other places. But, the schools closed and many business opened at noon instead of 10 AM. As Reena was leaving for work, the plow went by for a THIRD time and deposited a wall of snow across our driveway 3' high and 4' wide. Swell. I ignored it for a while figuring I would get to it after it was all done snowing and I was ready to head out for a stomp around the neighborhood with my camera. (I had scheduled a vacation day from work.) My gambit paid off: As I was putting my boots on to go out and start shoveling, my neighbor came over with his snowblower and cleared the mound at the street. I brought him out a growler of beer for his trouble. While we were standing there talking, one of his work mates came by in a truck with a plow. While we talked, he made two quick passes on my driveway and plowed it clear. All I had to do with my shovel was the very short walk up to my front door! What a great bit of luck.

I grabbed my camera and headed out to see what there was to see.

Snowblower Tracks
Snowblower Tracks

DSC_0040
Gaudy Snowman

Raking the Roof
Raking the Roof

Snowbama '08
Snowbama!

No More
No More!

I am certain that last sign does not refer to No More Snow, but the sentiment is there nonetheless. I have a feeling it is going to be a looong winter. We are already 4 inches (10 cm) ahead of last winter's record snowfall. Oof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.