Monday, November 17, 2008

Samba!

Another fun-filled weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. Friday night Reena and I joined a few friends and went to see the new Bond movie, "Quantum of Solace". It was pretty good, but we were stuck in the second row which is my second least favorite place in the theater. When the movie ended Reena and I went to the Mediterranean Hookah Lounge to listen to some friends play their first gig out. The two are past and present memebers of Pagee Go Go doing a side project to strip the music down to the essentials: Guitar and vocals. They had suggested that other known musicians bring their instruments along and maybe sit in for a bit. So we did, and we did. Reena played the tan tan, while I limited myself to adding a bit of shaker to some tunes.

Jeff and Ana Paula
Jeff and Ana Paula

Intensity
Intense Jeff

With Passion
Ana Paula - In the Groove

Jeff and A.P. Shake the Hookah Lounge
Jeff and A.P. Shake the Hookah Lounge

As you might expect, there was some dancing. Jeff's wife Guta is Brazilian, and there were several other Brazilians in the audience. I shared a table with a delightful couple who are here as grad students. We ran into them the next day too at the anti-Prop 8 rally.

These Boots Are Made For Samba
These Boots Are Made For Samba

It has been a long time since I was out until bar time. I think we got home at 2:45 AM. Then, of course, the cat wanted breakfast at 7:30, the little jerk. Saturday we went shopping for new lighting equipment for me, but that is a story for another post!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I look forward to dancing again! And, I can't even fathom "out 'til bar time." That was an entirely different life for me. I am living vicariously through your photos!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.