Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still More of Model M - NSFW

I wanted to share another select group of images from the shoot with Model M. Taken as a group, I am really happy with my work with M. There are certainly things I would try to do differently if / when I do this sort of session again. My eye danced, and in so doing I learned - after the fact - to look for smaller details. That is what this whole process was supposed to be about for me: Learning a new skill and changing how I function as a photographer. For M, and my other models, they get a tangible take away in the form of these images to use or not as they see fit. I hope that they also get an intangible benefit of a positive experience being photographed.

DSC_0061
Prayer

There are more images - Not Safe For Work - after the jump so please follow the link to the rest of the post.


This next photograph is one of my favorites of the series. For me it really explores the short depth of field and softer lighting that I wanted to explore. I am disappointed at the strong shadow of her hand on her torso. The hand is lit in a way that I like, but I failed to observe the effect of the shadow. Another bit of experience!

DSC_0079
Prayer Beads

I bought 7 yards of luscious silk to use as a drape. Loosely folded, all 7 yards fit into a bag that would conveniently carry a paperback novel. While I enjoy this image, I will try different things with the silk. Again with the short depth of field to throw the body into a bit more mystery. I am not certain how the angle from which the photograph is taken reads to the viewer. Would you share your thoughts?

DSC_0113
Gossamer Silk

This more classic pose was towards the end of the session. We were comfortable working together, and M was appreciating the silk to ward off the chill of my inadequately heated studio. (The new space heater works much better!)

DSC_0044_2
Reclining Nude

I love the bold color of this next photograph in a series of black-and-cream images. This was another experiment with angle, seeing what I can and cannot do in my limited space. I was on a stool with my head banging into the ceiling. A wide angle lens would solve that problem but likely introduce others in such cramped quarters. M is sprawled into most of the available space.

DSC_0169
Sari Twist

I hope you enjoyed this batch. I will likely post one more in this series in the coming days. Stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely. What wonderful face she has to go with the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first shot she looks like a beautiful woman fully dressed for a lovely dinner...but we get to see what she looks like under all of those clothes and she is even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.