Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring's a-Poppin'

I had a great weekend. I drove to the Twin Cities on Thursday to do a photo shoot for a family for whom I took some maternity photos for their first pregnancy. On Friday I drove south to a park along the Mississippi and met up with three score friends for an annual spring party. It is a camping event focusing on German bier. Mmmm! Good bier, good music, good food, and good friends.

DS3_8633

It was the first time I had been gone from the new kitty for more than an overnight. I was gratified to note when I arrived home that she had clearly missed me. I think we are arriving at a pretty good place together. She wanted out into the yard for a bit so together we went out exploring.

DS3_8641

The light was pretty and the temp was cool but not cold, but still not MAY temperatures, and at least it was not snowing as it was when I climbed out of my tent that morning. The plants in the yard had all jumped noticeably in my absence.

DS3_8632

Today I will start editing some recent photos, follow up on some potential new business, pay the rent on the studio. In short, back to a normal day with no protest rally, no aerial dance show (but the planning for the next one is already underway!), and no 3-day party. I think the cat will approve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.