Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Good Things Come In Threes

Three small landmark events in my yard today:

Nala the cat (who has been a recovering 'fraidy cat since we got her at the Humane Society) learned to chillax' (chill+relax) in the yard. That was a pretty big deal!

DS3_8971

While she was hanging around I did some reconstructive surgery on my pump and got the waterfall in the too-long stagnant pond running. It clearly was in need of some aeration.

DS3_8978

I got no photos of the third event. A pair of Cooper's Hawks were flirting in the pine tree just across the fence in my neighbor's yard. I had never heard them vocalize before, so it was with delight that I listened to him currrr and whistle to woo her. I don't know where they are nesting but it must be pretty close by because I saw him yesterday too.

Bueno!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.