Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You Meet The Nicest People on a Skateboard

While out on the motorcycle running errands in town yesterday, I realized that it was getting to be late in the afternoon. That means the Golden Hour was approaching and it would be a shame to miss it. Rather than head home through town, I headed for the outskirts thinking to get some farm shots. I did, and will post those later. But I found myself on the edge of Waunakee where there is a small skate park. Who knew? It was pretty late in the day and the temp was starting to drop, so 3-4 kids were leaving just as I pulled in. The two remaining skaters were hardly spring chickens.

DS3_8892

They did not mind if I took photos, and were curious if I was going to "do something" with them. I mentioned my blog, though they were hoping I worked for a magazine or something.

DS3_8886

They skated. I shot. And we had a pretty good conversation about life (nomadic traveling, the journey being the point, working to live rather than living to work, and bikes) and music. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting them. It is a small world, and I wonder if our paths will cross again?

DS3_8889

Thanks Quincy and John. Skate on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.