Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sneaking a Fun One

Sometimes when I am shooting a project or an event, I get to color outside the lines a little and take some shots purely for myself. This morning I was shooting an opening of a new pottery project space and before the doors were opened I noticed the light hitting a plate full of grapes in a desirable way.

Backlit Grapes
Backlit Grapes

It's even better Viewed Large On Black

Shooting this required just a hint of additional light, so I bounced a bit of flash on the front from the top. Not much, just enough to illuminate the details on this side, otherwise they would have been silhouetted on the bottom with only the top ones seeming lit. It worked nicely, I think.

1 comment:

  1. This is just cool . . . must go get grapes now . . . ;0)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.