Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And now for something completely different.

I don't do a lot of post processing of my images as a general rule. However, it's a good skill set to have, and so I sometimes take play days and wallow around in Photoshop to see what I can do. Some days are more successful than others.

Reflection 1
Reflection 1

This was a pretty stiff challenge for me. The original image was shot indoors with bad light and a cluttered sort of background that made it hard to separate the subject from the background. That, of course, is why I chose it.

DS3_9202

The sky background is a stock photo I took once upon a time. The clouds are fake. The moon is real. The ripples were kind of a bitch.

Looked at in detail it's not going to win me any awards or fame, though it is a reasonable effort for where I am with the tool. I think I spent 4 hours on it in total. If it were a homework assignment in a beginning Photoshop class, I think I would get a "B" grade. Since I am doing it without the benefit of either a teacher or an assignment, I think I will give myself a "B+".


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.