Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Timeless Contact Improv

One of my great pleasures in life is photographing dancers. Since the styles of dance I pursue are contact improv and aerial, I get interesting photos that often confuse my viewers. This image from a recent shoot is ordinary enough to be viewed on its own, and sufficiently illustrative of contact improv to be recognizable to practitioners of the form.

Timeless CI

The sense of when the image was made is obscured with the vintage furnishings and architecture. Only her clothes give away the contemporary time frame and even that is not too much of a distraction from the feel. I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I'm looking for some photos of dancing to put up in our place. Mostly that captivate movement. Looking for some perhaps long exposure to show movement. If you have any or know of anyone let me know! I'd love to buy some.
    xoxoxox
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.