Friday, November 6, 2009

Restaurant Product Shoot

I was part of a food shoot for one of Madison's finest restaurants, L'Etoile. These are among the shots that I included for their use. Thanks to Lili for the opportunity, and to chef Tory Miller for preparing the dishes. This was a great experience for me.

L'Etoile Food Shoot

I was not the only photographer on site, and despite the lighting being mine, it was a sharing time. Because we were not working with a food stylist, we had to work quickly to capture the food while it looked great. This often meant a bit of jockeying for position. It also meant the food looked just like it would be served to the customer - no fakery involved.

L'Etoile Food Shoot

The dishes came to us in 15 minute increments, so we had a pretty good handle on time management. There was enough time to arrange, shoot, re-arrange, shoot, and then EAT THE DISH! Mmmm.

L'Etoile Food Shoot

Hungry yet? Well get to L'Etoile and sample their excellent food! In the meantime, here is a link to a SLIDE SHOW where you can see the entire batch in larger size. Mmmm!


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and beautiful - I'm very interested in the names of the dishes - can you send to me? My very favorite was the fork close up - the best!! (Colleen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum. Next time I'm in Madison, we will go there! That's a promise!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.