Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunshine Daydream

I went to the Arboretum this morning after dropping my sweetie off at work. A photographer pal had tipped me off to the start of flowering trees. It turns out the magnolias are just getting up a full bloom, with the southwest side of the tree full or fading and the northerly facing parts just starting to open. The cooler temps seem to be assisting with a lot of beauty.

Magnolia at the Arb (DS3_8642)

Magnolia (DS3_8643)

I found a dead, dessicated leaf and carried it around for a couple of minutes wondering what to do with it. It seemed so much like fine lace that I hated to just walk away from it. Well there I was admiring and shooting the magnolias, and much of my recent studio work has been boudoir shoots, so I thought I would give the magnolia a chance for an indirect, conceal-reveal portrait shot. I like it!

Magnolia behind a leaf (DS3_8650)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.