Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Finally! I have been dying for my annual signs of spring in the yard and they have been slow to appear this year. Unusual sequences are occurring. I have daffodils 5" tall, day lilies sprouting in abundance, sedum, chives, tiger lily, and iris all sprouting, but the crocus had not bloomed. Today, finally, they did.

DS3_5900

Interestingly, the patch in the middle of the back yard bloomed at the same time. Normally the ones on the south side of the house with full sunlight all day long are the earliest bloomers.

And yesterday I saw my first robin. When I took the lake pics on Saturday, I also saw muskrats on the lake. Yep, it is spring!

There are more photos in a small SLIDE SHOW. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.