Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pewit's Nest Revisited

Pewit's Nest, near Baraboo, WI, needs little in the way of words. It lends itself quite nicely to photographs. The lovely Reena and I were out galavanting on the motorcycles, and visited the Nest for about an hour. The fall leaves certainly changed it from my first visit.

Pewit's Nest - Fall
Pewit's Nest

There are more photos after the jump, so follow the link.

Pewit's Nest - Upper Falls
The Upper Falls

Pewit's Nest - Exit
The Exit

Pewit's Nest - The Bowl
The Bowl

Unfortunately for me the best spot from which to take photographs was already staked out. According to another frustrated shooter, he had been there for quite some time when I arrived, and was still parked right there when I left over an hour later. Not a problem, certainly, but unfortunate for the rest of us.

Best Spot Claimed

The first photo in this series showing most of the canyon was shot from a vantage point just over his head. The top of his camera is about one inch out of the frame.

UPDATE: Here is a shot taken by Reena showing me in the second best location.

Nataraj at Pewit's Nest

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    theatre backdrops

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.