Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pagode!

It was another one of those Friday nights when my fun-o-meter gets a workout. After a normal Friday post-work rendezvous at the Great Dane brewpub with Reena and good friends, we went to a pagode party.

Chris and Gute
Chris and Gute

It was not a typical pagode party for the first two or three hours, as the music that was unfolding was not Brazilian. It was all over the board, with a strange array of instruments.

There is more, so follow the link...

Chris
Chris on Sitar

DSC_0040
Cavaquino

Rand on Flute
Rand on Flute

I alternated between playing and taking photos. Having just eaten, I did not think I would be interested when the churrasco came off the grill, but just one taste of that succulent, salty carne and I definitely wanted more. Since I knew that there were people there who had not eaten, I restrained myself and only nibbled. But mmMMMM, it was good! Thus fueled, and bolstered by beer, the musicians played on.

Conga Hands
Conga Hands

Jeff
Jeff on Guitar

Rand on Tabla
Rand on Tabla

Barry
Barry on tantan

Guitar
Guitar Detail

Party Accessories
Party Accessories

I was not able to stay until the wee hours of the morning, and the music was just shifting to samba when I left. Reena stayed late and says the music was fun right up until it was done. Yeah, another Friday night thoroughly seized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.