Monday, September 15, 2008

"I will not take the low road to the highest office in this land."

I'm not generally much of a political animal. I observe, I try to sift through the deceptions and misrepresentations from all the participants to figure out the fact from the fiction. This election season has kept me interested, in part because in 2000 I was pondering a vote for McCain and felt bad when he was slimed so thoroughly by the Rovian goon squads. At the begining of this campaign, I was pleased because it seemed that we might actually have a civil race. McCain was pledging to avoid the tactics that were use against him, and Obama gave every indication of staying on the high road.

Imagine my dismay, then, when McCain's tactics got dirtier and uglier. The recent "sex ed" ad was such a disgusting misrepresentation that it simply staggered me. I realized that McCain had completely detached his campaign from his earlier promises. Even Karl Rove said today that he thought McCain had gone too far. Thus, I post this forceful response from Obama. Further, I hope some of you will, after watching it, pass it on.



Understand: I do not believe for one second that Obama is a perfect candidate, nor do I agree with all he represents. But now my choice is clear. I cannot, will not vote for McCain. Regardless of who YOU support, I urge you to broaden your sources of news (get out of the bubble of partisan reporting) and draw your own conclusions. Then vote!

I now step off my soap box and return to my irregularly scheduled blogging about non-political things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.