Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lost at Gibraltar

The weather today was simply too beautiful to let pass. I hopped on the motorcycle and thought I would go check out a natural area that has been on my list. Alas, it is designated as a "research area" and explicit permission is required to be there. Another time, perhaps. However, since I was in the Baraboo, WI, area, there is no shortage of beautiful places to explore. Mostly I nosed around on tiny back roads seeing the sights. I ran across the Farm Of Another Color.

DS3_2884

I must admit, I have never seen its like. Pressing on I decided to cross the Wisconsin River on the ferry at Merrimac. Once on the other side, I set my sights for Gibraltar Rocks, which I had not visited in years. My intent was to hit the cliff side from the road and photograph them from there. I goofed, and ended up at the entrance. So one long, steep climb later I had some pretty impressive vistas.

DS3_2888


DS3_2901

There are a few more in a SLIDE SHOW for your entertainment. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.