Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gathering Their Bounty

There is a lot of insect activity in my yard today. Everything seems like it is buzzing, hopping, or crawling.

DS3_2872

This was the first large grasshopper I have seen this year. I wonder where they have been? I suppose partying, like in the story. The bees I have seen a lot of this year, for which I am grateful.

DS3_2875

This last one looked like a wasp to me, but it could be that it is merely a variety of bee I am unfamiliar with. Perhaps one of my beekeeper friends will set me straight.

DS3_2877

Regardless, here we are at just past mid-summer, first harvest has passed, and all creatures great and small are gathering their bounty. In my case, the squirrels are gathering our bounty just before things (like peppers) are actually ripe enough to harvest. Perhaps I will harvest squirrels?


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.