Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Motorcycle Expo

The lovely Reena and I went to Chicago over the weekend to attend the annual Motorcycle Expo. Held at the Rosemont Expo Center, it is a 3-day event showcasing most brands (Triumph does not come) and hundreds of aftermarket companies. It is a great experience (if you do not mind crowds) of total immersion into motorcycles and motorcycle related products. Former Madisonian and friend Devon flew up from Birmingham, AL, to hang out and do the expo with us.

My only big purchase was to order a custom-made seat from Rick Mayer Cycle. Since I have an unusual bike I wanted to talk to them and get any questions out of the way face to face rather than by phone or email. Unfortunately they were not offering any special price for show orders. Devon, whose opinion I trust on motorcycle topics more than almost anyone, has one of these seats on both his Triumph Tiger and his wife's Kawasaki Versys. He loves his and so does his butt. I hope to be able to add 100+ miles to what I can cover on the MZ in a day before my butt screams in pain.

On to the show pictures!

DSC_0110
Roland Sands Design I

There are MANY more pictures after the jump, so follow the link to see the rest.


DSC_0107
Roland Sands Design II

DSC_0099
Custom Victory

Reena Finds One She Likes
Reena Finds One She Likes - Victory Vegas Low

Victory Core
Victory's Radical Core Concept Bike

Victory Core
Front View of the Core

DSC_0083
Kawasaki KLR 650 Custom
Customized, a lot, by Twisted Throttle. I love it!

DSC_0081
Front End of Buell 1125 CR

DSC_0077
Custom Suzuki Gladius
Slightly 'motarded with a lot of plastic and miscellany removed. Nice Excel wheels!!

DSC_0074
American Made 300 cc
Made in the states by Johnny Pag. Quite possibly the correct direction for motorcycles: Smaller and more efficient.

DSC_0065
Front End of Piaggio MP3

DSC_0052
Kawaasaki Versys
The Versys is I bike I can see myself owning one day.

DSC_0044
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Mmmmm!

DSC_0012
Honda-powered Cafe Racer

DSC_0002
Another Roland Sands Design
Best viewed LARGE!

And it really wouldn't be a motorcycle show without a few photos of babes on bikes now would it?

Babe on Bike I

Babe On Bike !!!

Thanks for stopping by. Ride safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.