Wednesday, February 4, 2009

17 Days

I have 17 days to wrap it all up.

DSC_0007
Wrap It Up!

Those Who Decide (not my immediate supervisor, of course) have set the date for my separation. My last day as an employee is February 27th. It is a few weeks earlier than I guessed, but I am not surprised or particularly concerned. It is vaguely unsettling to know that I will be unemployed, but I know that my cushion is far, far softer than many who are losing their jobs. I am walking away - assuming that I will find something new and exciting to do for my remaining work years.

Today in my inbox I found these timely words from artist Anne Truitt:

"Artists' essential effort is to catapult themselves wholly, without holding back one bit, into a course of action, without having any idea where they will end up. They are like riders who gallop into the night, eagerly leaning on their horse's neck, peering into a blinding rain. And they have to do it over and over again."

I have some experience with catapults, both practical and theoretical. Once released, the projectile is going somewhere fast, but aiming them can be tricky. My practical experience indicates a truly remarkable streak of beginners luck. Let us hope that the streak continues to this second shot.

1 comment:

  1. Your attitude sounds positive. It's something that just is. I'm sorry anyway for the inconvenience posed by decreased income. And ma
    Bill Windels

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.