Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More of Model M - NSFW

I promised more images from the photo shoot with Model M. We have spent a fair amount of time achieving consensus about which ones she was comfortable with me using. Fortunately there were quite a few to choose from, and there were a bunch that I am pleased to illuminate here.

DSC_0070_2
Meditative Hands

I was incorrect in my previous statement that M had posed nude for a photographer before. She had posed for a photographer a number of times and feels quite photogenic. She had not, however, posed nude. With that in mind, I am especially honored that she chose to work with me. I would hope to maintain that trusting and respectful relationship. It was a very positive experience to work with her, and the follow up discussions have also been rewarding to me as a fledgling in a new art form.

DSC_0121_2
In Close

There are a few more photos - more revealing and not safe for work - after the jump, so follow the link below.


DSC_0008_2
Draped Figure

I like the above photo, the strength of her back blending so nicely with soft curves. The slightly crossed feet adds a note of playful surprise. My eye wishes I had evened the silk on the right a bit, though I also wonder if I had had everything just right, would my eye spend as much time on it? The image below is quite appealing. I wonder if I will redo it in black and white since it is most of the way there already.

DSC_0128
Supine Drape

It seems I am teasing you with this set by still not revealing her face. It was not my intent when I started this post, but now it is. You will need to stop back again. I leave you with one last image, one I did choose to do in black and white. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

DSC_0190
Silken Leg

6 comments:

  1. This is really nice work. Your lighting technique is great - I can see you've been working hard at it.
    Personally I'd leave the drape uneven, I think it draws your eye across the photo, providing tension with M's vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having posed nude for several drawing and painting classes (but never photography), I commend M for her modeling skills - these shots don't feel "posed" at all!

    You two seem to have a great energy -- I feel a true affection in these photos. That's the best a model can ever hope for in an artist, because it produces the best work for all participants :-)

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to say: Silken Leg? LOOOOVE that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mick. I have been working hard on it, and I know for certain that I am not where I want to be yet. But I am learning a lot as I go, and that is the whole point. I appreciate the musing on the fabric drape.

    @Beth - I love that leg shot too. It is not what I originally thought I was going to do, but it is what happened when I arranged the silk.

    Stay tuned. There are more images coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent photography and lovely model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your slowly moving to the place you want to get to take your time the trip is whats important not the destination. Great stuff I can see your eye is becoming more tuned.

    stay the course,
    katz

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.