Monday, April 26, 2010

Saturday in MadCity

I had a pretty interesting weekend. Saturday was the Crazylegs Run, an annual event named for a former UW Athletic Director known here primarily for two things; his crazy running style, and raising typical attendance at UW football games from 43,000 to 70,000 in four years. Somewhere around 20,000 people were out and about, either running in the race or enjoying the Farmer's Market.

DS3_7679

After shooting a LOT of pics of the racers, I too wandered around the market a bit, enjoying the produce, plant seedlings, and victuals available. Of course the people watching is my primary sport!

DS3_7687

Getting a bit chilly, I then popped into a local coffee shop for a cuppa and a cookie. I spent a bit of time reviewing and deleting photos while they were still in-camera. From there I decided the overcast, drizzly weather might make for some good pics at Olbrich Gardens. Mostly I was right...

DS3_7824

For dinner I met some like-minded folks to talk about part of our local dance community. We mused, pondering both the past and possible futures, and settled on a couple of small things we can do to create a more welcoming experience for newcomers. It was an enjoyable couple of hours spent in good company.

There are a bunch more photos of the day at my Flickr site for the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.