Tuesday, April 21, 2009

this drippy, drizzly day

Every so often I get completely caught up in one aspect of my life and forget about others. Recently I have been nearly consumed by the upcoming aerial dance show, and all other thoughts got sent to back burners. On this drippy, drizzly day I remembered to notice that my yard was turning green. Grabbing my camera, I went out to investigate what was going on.

Black Trillium
Black Trillium

The trillium, both the store-bought black and the rescued woodland white, are up and have blossoms ready to open. The Mayapples are up and grew about two inches since yesterday. A couple have buds showing.

Mayapple
Mayapple

Mayapple With Bud
Mayapple With Bud

And I was tickled to find a volunteer bleeding heart in a basement window well. It is the window the clothes dryer vents out of, and all that warm, moist air gave this one a head start. I have 4-5 others in the yard, and all are lagging well behind this one.

Bleeding Heart
Blooming Bleeding Heart

As I wandered the yard, I found quite a list of things up and at it:
Crocus (done already)
Siberian Iris (already done)
Daffodil (full bloom)
Tulips
Bearded Iris
Day Lily
Tiger Lily
Sedum
Hosta
Bleeding Heart
Peony
Chive (yummy!)
Mayapple
Trillium
Snow on the Mountain
Dutchman's Britches
Wild Geranium

I am sure there are more that I am forgetting. Oh, it is nice to stick my nose out there! And as the day time draws to a close, the sun has burned through the clouds and is pouring down on the wet earth. Happy garden!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.