Saturday, February 14, 2009

No stopping spring now

I was able to spend a little time today outside in between running a couple of errands. I stopped at the bit of the Arboretum that runs along Monroe Street. I parked in the little lot near the old council ring. (I really miss having fires and drum circles there. Fie on Madison!) We have had a couple of nice days earlier this week with temperatures in the 50's (F). I have already noticed daffodils, crocus, and day lilies sprouting in my yard. I wanted to see if the spring at the Arboretum had any fresh watercress in it yet. I suspected I was too early.

Nope.

Watercress

There was actually a fair bit of it already. Not copious amounts mind you, but certainly a delightful burst of spring to put a little bounce in my step.

Fresh Watercress

All around the stream there was still snow on the ground, the grasses were brown and the trees bare.

Waiting For Spring
View Large

But the world knows: There is no stopping spring now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.