Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend

Man, it's getting so bad here in Madison that it is almost impossible to have all the fun that's available, and often for free. I try and try, setting my inner otter free to play, and I find that at some point I simply tip over and have to sleep for a few hours. Dangit!

Art Fair On & Off The Square
Art Fair On & Off the Square

Saturday day found me making a fast lap of the annual Art Fair On the Square. It's a large collection of artists and crafts people from the US, with an emphasis on regional people, selling their art or craftwork on the square around the state capitol. Prices for things are all over the spectrum, from $10 to at least one piece I saw for $18,000. I'm sure there were pricier things.

Cool Sculpture

Menomonee Falls artist Thomas Wargin had some really cool sculpture for sale at the Art Fair On The Square in Madison, WI.

Here are a couple other pieces I enjoyed.

Contemplative

Fly!  Be Free!

We All Live...

Stay tuned. Later today I'll have images and tales from the 3-day music festival - La Fete de Marquette - going on in Madison this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.