Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mazopalooza!


Mazopalooza!, originally uploaded by nataraj_hauser / eyeDance.

I've had quite enough of the cold winter pictures. Time for a little hot dancing! Here is a sweet shot of Hildy and Mars at the improv performance "Some Assembly Required" at the Mazopalooza contact improv event in Mazomanie, WI.


The rest of the weekend was a fantastic day-and-three-quarters of contact improv(isational) dance with about 30 others from four states. It was physically and socially satisfying. I had a dance this morning that ranks right up there in my Top-5 dances of all time: It was sublime.

Then, after driving home in the dense fog, I went to a 2-hour aerial dance class where we were training on steel apparatus. Tonight it was rings, both small (about 12" in diameter) and large (about the size of a hula hoop). All were hung from a gymnasium ceiling on a single point rig. That too was a blast. And now I think I'll have a martini! I'm tuckered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.