Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I love how fast spring happens

I love how fast spring happens. One day your yard is snow-covered. The next it is just brown. Two days after that a snow drop or crocus pokes out of the ground. After a week or two of consistently decent weather where it does not freeze overnight and KA-BLAM! Everything starts happening.

DS3_7995
Transplanted Bleeding Heart

Yesterday I transplanted a bleeding heart that was nearly a foot tall, but it was too close to our air conditioner compressor. While I was doing that I noticed my black trillium was up. Today it is opening and the bud is formed!

DS3_7997
Black Trillium

A little more each day, our cat learns to be comfortable outdoors with me. She pretty routinely runs either to me, or to the open garage for safety. The backyard is fenced and she is still timid, so for now I can leave her off leash if I am out there with her. Once she gets too bold I will have to hook her up, but until then, she can nose around with me.

DS3_8015
Nala of the Serengeti

I started a SLIDE SHOW of spring photos. I will add to it from time to time. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.