Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yessss!

Every once in a while I get to snap a photo or two of friends when they are totally in their element and manage to capture a bit of the 'je ne sais quoi' - the undefinable inner essence that makes them interesting or alluring. Very little pleases me more than that experience.

The Inimitable KR
The inimitable Kelly

Often I recognize it the moment the shutter trips. I simply know I got exactly the right image in that moment. There is that inner-Dilbert moment of a quiet celebratory fist-pump of victory. Yesss!

DS3_5869
Sloe-eyed Stef

These two are recent, and images I find I keep going back to. I thought I would share them with you. Each of them is a capture of how my mind sees the person, and I consider them satisfying portraits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.