Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Bagging in Madison

I went to the Tea Party here in Madison, WI, yesterday. It was about what I expected, if better attended.

Where Were You All For The Last 8 Years?

Mostly I heard fear-inciting speeches about how bad Obama is and all the terrible things he has done to America (in 90 days).

There is more, so follow the link to the rest of the post!

Just a guess, but I will bet that this person was not protesting - not even a peep - during the Bush-Cheney years as they piled on ENORMOUS debt. Recall VP Cheney's words, "Deficits don't matter." Why do they matter now?

Where Were You All For The Last 8 Years?

I completely agree with this sign.

Where Were You All For The Last 8 Years?

So let's go pull our Constitution out of the shredder that Bush-Cheney-Yoo-Addington-etc. sent it through, shall we? Let's restore the First and Fourth amendments, honor the "quaint" Geneva Conventions, re-establish habeas corpus, and stop torturing and disappearing people. Undo all those nasty things that the previous administration is responsible for.

Now I freely admit, this next sign simply cracked me up. If that doesn't sum up white male fear of a black man as president, I don't know what does. So black, brown, and yellow skinned people get to own whities? Well, I guess turnabout IS fair play.

Where Were You All For The Last 8 Years?
WTF?

To the woman with the black sign on the right, I have a question. Did you make that sign in 2003?

Where Were You All For The Last 8 Years?

If not, then my response is a resounding, Piss off! As I read mostly incoherent signs and watched people protest a 90-day old administration that inherited from the prior administration two wars, staggering debt, and a financial system in serious crisis, my overriding thought was: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS?! To the seven or eight legitimate Libertarians in the crowd, who have been griping all along, I say, Right on. For the rest of these wankers, I have nothing but contempt. Fiscal responsibility does not mean responsibility only for the other team. Where were these signs last fall? Hmmm?






2 comments:

  1. Its amazing to finally hear some of the republicans say what we have been saying for the past 8 years, but kind of silly for them to be blaming it on the democrat who just barely got into office. No matter how twisted and warped the republicans somehow always manage to twist logic into a new pretzel and turn common sense on its head.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just all so silly. I wish they read instead of teabagging. It would do their brains some good.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.