Thursday, January 31, 2008

First Photo Show!


Gallery Flyer, originally uploaded by nataraj_hauser / eyeDance.

View Flyer Larger

Well, I'm taking the plunge and trying something completely different. After a bit of positive feedback, I've decided to have a small photo show - 27 images - at a gallery space in a local coffee shop. Prices will be as reasonable as I can keep them and still make a few dollars. Frankly, I'll be thrilled to break even! It's an interesting step: A hobby (expense) begins to offer a bit of return (income). I don't imagine trying to be a professional photographer (I think it'd drive a lot of the fun out of it), but this offers a bit of validation as well as a chance to offset the cash outlay to do what I like to do. It's a lot like the first time I cleared $10 teaching a dance class. Certainly not riches, but definitely satisfying.

A reward savored
Expensive passion yields a
modest turnabout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.