Saturday, June 4, 2011

Travels With My Sister

Yesterday I spent again with my sister the sister. We traveled north from Madison to Durward's Glen, a favorite picnic spot for our family many years ago. It hold special memories for some of us siblings.

DS3_9718

It is a small but interesting slot canyon carved by the action of a creek. At times, with sufficient rainfall, the creek becomes not at all gentle but rather a raging destructive force.

DS3_9696

From there, after a quick lunch break, we hopped over to Pewit's Nest, another Wisconsin natural area. Often during the week there is no one there, but yesterday there were a number of young adults and kids, some of whom entertained us by climbing the chasm walls and leaping into the only pool of water deep enough for such activity.

DS3_9771
Making the Leap

I was a bit jealous and wished to join them, but I was not dressed for remaining wet for the rest of the day. Another time, though, I will do so.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful location tips. I am slowly finding all the lovely out-of-the-way hotspots (cool spots?) in this area - someone recently pointed me to Gibraltar Rock.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.