Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Color of Construction

Every so often I encounter something that makes me stop abruptly and dig out my camera. Often I do not end up using those photos for anything in particular, it was just something that caught my eye and I wanted to capture it. This is one of those.

DS3_0043

There is construction going on everywhere in the city. A number of major routes, or more to the point, my routes are undergoing reconstruction. It is a pain to get many places I go to routinely. There are also heavy trucks and earth movers everywhere, and piles of the bits and pieces that one normally does not see because they are underground. This pile of tunnel access covers and grates - already bright orange with a coating of rust - are brand new and awaiting installation. The intensity of the rust drew my attention, and the lines made me want to take the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.