Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rainy Day Garden

Rainy days make for some of the best flower pictures. The colors are all rich and saturated, the water adds interest, and the diffuse light makes everything look perfect

DS3_0757
Better Viewed LARGE

As I was manually focusing I kept seeing this line appear. At first I thought I had a scratch on my lens, but no, it is just a strand of spider web in the foreground. I could barely see it with my unaided eye!

DS3_0770

I don't know exactly what this bug is, though it is pretty clear that it is capable of devouring a lot of milkweed leaf! I noted two of them, so it doesn't seem like an infestation. Anybody know what it is?

DS3_0766

Enjoy the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.