Friday, September 9, 2011

A Little Bug on Bug Action (2)

Quite literally, the very first thing I did upon getting out of bed this morning, was grab my camera and go shoot a bug. On a bug. Or more to the point, on a Bug. Reena noticed this guy on the roof of our VW Beetle and pointed him out.

DS3_6658_2

It is a katydid, a species more closely related to crickets than grasshoppers.

DS3_6671

They are a familiar sound around here in the late summer, along with the cicadas. They are part of the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer.

DS3_6671_2

The second thing I did this morning was make and drink a cup of coffee!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I wanted to know if you have any cool shots of dancing in movement. I love the blurry look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat brought home one of these the other evening1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw one of these last week, along a bladktop path springing with grasshoppers....this guy looked different! I love that you added the sound of the katydid ... I had to listen! I know I hear these around at the cabin (along with various frogs, birds) and will try to listen for it. thanks! marilyn

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.