Monday, August 2, 2010

Bonus Results

Sometimes when I'm working in the studio to capture a specific image or set, an opportunity for something completely different, and wonderful, presents itself. Such was the case yesterday. Reena and I were in the studio to take a series of "us" pictures. We wanted a new portrait to give to family and for our own use, and I wanted a photo for my biography page at eyedance.biz that showed both of us. Since I am doing more intimate photos, it seemed like a good idea to have a photo that included Reena, who functions as my assistant when possible, to portray a less threatening, more safely-partnered guy to reduce potential concerns a prospective client might have about hiring a stranger to do boudoir photos.

That led to some workable images like this one.

DS3_2873_2

Then as I was powering down the lights, I ended up with Reena lounging on the bench we had been using as a prop with only a single spotlight on her in the dark room. I loved what I saw and asked her to stay put. I had a devil of a time, but got a couple of images I really like.

DS3_2920


Reen reclining 1 BW

There was a small, low-powered strobe providing some fill from the right side of the camera, and a snoot-covered strobe high and slightly behind her on the left side of the camera (from my point of view). ISO 200, f/8.0, shutter at 1/160.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That photo of Reena where she looks unaware of the camera... there's something almost pre-Raphaelite about it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.