Sunday, January 22, 2012

eyeCandy

I love that some of my "work" involves playing dress up in fancy costumes and dancing or cavorting to entertain an audience. And did I mention glitter? Lots and lots of glitter! I knew from the first that being a member of Cycropia Aerial Dance would be fun and feed some part of my soul, but I surely did not realize what a banquet of desserts it would be.

DS3_2923     DS3_2925

Last night was one of those corporate gigs that we are choosing to do more frequently. In many cases our job is to simply "perform", being eye candy to the audience which consists of business people who are at a work function of some sort. If, like me, you have been at such events, you know that they can be pretty dull affairs. Sometimes, depending on the venue, we get to rig and do some aerial work. Last night was all ground work. The theme was Mardi Gras, so we paraded in while the dixieland band played "When the Saints Go Marching In". Then half of us served dessert while the others provided entertaining distraction. For a bit over half an hour we danced, cavorted, and generally tried to engage the audience and spark a little fun. I assured them that we had "silly" covered, so whatever they did on the dance floor could not possibly look as silly as we did.

What a fun way to earn a bit of money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blooger or "open" ID, you are free to use "Anonymous" for your posts, and leave your name if you are willing.